Hi everyday! Hope your week is off to a great start. I am currently having a workcation here in Downtown Miami for Hispanicize 2017! It’s the largest conference the largest annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in digital content creation, journalism, marketing, entertainment and tech entrepreneurship. This is my 2nd year attending & loving it. It’s something I plan for in advance due to the networking and the knowledge you gain. If you are a blogger or in the media industry this is definitely a conference you must attend. Below are a recap of yesterday which started with DiMe Summit at the Rubbell Family Collection Museum and day 2 with the first official day of Hispanicize.
DiMe Summit Recap:
As you might know Wynwood is Miami’s Art District and this year the event was being held at the Rubbell Family Collection Museum. I have never been here and I am not an art’s person but I actually loved the place and compared to last year location in my mind is was 10 times better. Why? Because this was inside versus being outside like last year and you know the sun in Miami be crazy at times.
From the opening panel:
- “Give your the permission to know the real you. With your permission, LOVE YOURSELF!”-Martin Llores
- Don’t let age put a limit on your dreams.
- Why wait for your next life? Do it NOW!
- “Rise up to the blessings God has given you.”-Martin Llores
I attended Kathy Cano-Murillo from Crafty Chica session on How to Build Your Brand. Notes from her session:
- What are your secret ingredients? What makes you special? What do you love? What do you have to offer?
- Find that story that you have that makes you vulnerable.
- Put it all together to elevate your business.
- Strive for that laugh, cry, or wow from the audience.
- Know your goals and put them into your schedule. Have a vision ALWAYS!
- Always have something new in the works. Change it up. The key to staying relevant is changing it up.
It was great to personally meet bloggers that I follow and spend some quality with them.
Thanks to Best Western we received complimentary massages from Exhale Massage Miami and Savings.com provided wine during Happy Hour. Jack Daniel’s was also present with their new Cinnamon Whiskey. Not my favorite to be honest, I’m just not a fan of cinnamon like that. I’ll rather sprinkle it into my smoothie or dessert :).
Lunch was sponsored by Disney Parks and Elena of Avalor was in the da house! If you follow me then you know Sammy LOVES Elena! I recorded Elena saying hi to Sammy. Sent it to my mom and she said that he loved it.
Around 3:30pm I decided to head back to the hotel as I had only slept 3 hours. My plan was to wake up at 6pm to be back to the event by 7:30pm. Well I ended up waking up at 7:30pm! Then the decision was to attend or not attend the Juanes concert? I ended up putting on sneakers, having dinner at the hotel, and taking a Lyft to the Perez Art Museum. The museum is beautiful and the view to the Bay is spectacular! No wonder so many weddings are being held there.
I listened to 4 Juanes songs and called it a night, I was tired!
Day 2 Recap of Hispanicize 2017:
So my day was supposed to start at 6am….yea I woke up at 7:20am! Made it to the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel (where Hispanicize is being held) at 8am. Had breakfast there and attended my first session: Understanding your Google Analytics. A topic I am very blonde in (no offense!). There I learned I need to set up an account with Analytics on Google and the type of reports provided about who/when/via where people visit your blog.
Second session: Engagement, Digital Advertising, & Creativity for Journalists with Gaby Castellanos who I adored! She was real and blunt and cursed if it was required. Notes from her session:
- Don’t be afraid but be careful on what you do. Reputation is everything!
- How you write and produce is what counts.
- Now in days brands/companies instead of looking for quality they look for popularity. I prefer quality even if that blogger has a small following because I know I will get great content.
- At the end of the day you have to do what you KNOW.
- Every talent has a market and where there is a talent there is money.
- Each one of us have a value.
Lunch was with Laurie Hernandez-pretty and that smile is God sent!
After another panel I left to change because I got confirmed to attend the Private Viewing party for El Capo starting the handsome Mauricio Islas, Sara Maldonado, and Iran Castillo being broadcast via Telemundo. I am honestly looking forward to 10pm.
After that I returned back to the hotel to get ready for the next day.
To Be Continued……